Pages

Saturday 29 October 2011

Star Quilt Workshop quilt nearing completion

Step back to September 2009 by clicking here  I came home from this workshop to find that my instruction sheet was incomplete - there was a border required after the stars and before the pieced triangle border - what size should it be.  The handout said the size "would be discussed in class".  Had it been?  I couldn't remember at all.  I did what I could and completed the four pieced triangle borders and put together the star blocks for the centre of the quilt.  Then it was suspended in bits from a hanger to keep it from creasing and remains hung away safely for a couple of years...........Yes! A couple of years.

Quilt University to the rescue.  My second course with QU was Math for Quilters (more on that in another post).  From this I gained the confidence to do the maths and work out size and dimension to complete THAT star quilt.



No comments: