Pages

Sunday 20 November 2011

Yorkshire Puddings

I can't believe how long it is since I blogged - I've been busy with other things but I have been creative as well - I'm doing lots of sewing and I will catch up with the blogging soon.

So here's a recipe to be going on with.............

When I first married and had a straightforward oven I could rule the world with my Yorkshires, however a move of house and the previous owner's gas oven, follow by a new kitchen and a fan oven saw very sad and disappointing Yorkshire puds and I took to buying them instead.  Not at all like the real thing.

Lately I've had time to research and fiddle about and unfortunately I haven't taken a picture, but here is my own recipe which took everyone by surprise today and went down a treat.

4oz Plain Flour
3 Large Eggs
1/4 pt milk
1/4 pt water

Stick blender until everything is well mixed and bubbly on top.  Leave to stand for 1/2 an hour or so.

Muffin tin with 1 tbspn sunflower oil in each of the outside holes - leave the inside two holes empty.

Heat the oil in the muffin tin for about 8 minutes until it's really hot, then remove from oven and as quickly and as safely as possible put 1/2 cup measure into each hole - it should sizzle in the hot oil when it goes in.

About 25 minutes at 220 C fan oven until they are well risen and golden brown.

Enjoy as a starter with gravy or on your plate with a full roast dinner.

No comments: