Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

Fusible Applique


Before

A while back I bought Laura Wasilowski's book "Fanciful Stitches - Colorful Quilts" and embarked on dyeing fabric to use with the ideas in this book and on other projects.  Here is a little quilt inspired by Laura's book.  

With some sort of new found confidence with free motion quilting - probably from Ferret's workshop yesterday, I decided not to hand embroider and popped it under the needle and painted away with variegated thread.  I made my usual mistake of going too close to the edges so I can't make anything with it - next time I'll leave borders.  It's OK for a practice piece.

After

2 comments:

jil said...

Lynne - Beautiful work. I came upon your blog through the 7700 yahoo group. I love what you did with those simple fusible shapes - made them much more interesting and whimsical. I have a quilt that has been going off and on for many years, and I think I'll do that, too - it is a quilt of drawing of one of my sons when he was 7 - he is now 25!!!!! FINALLY I've figured out a fun way to do it, thanks to you! Jil / Chicago

Lynne said...

Hi Jil,
Thanks for leaving a comment. I got lots of inspiration and tips from this blog http://artfabrik.blogspot.com/ This lady is the author of the book Fanciful Stitches Colorful Quilts, and I got hooked on dyeing fabric and the little quilts by reading it.