Saturday, 11 April 2009

Gecko on the Wall Quilt complete






Front, close up of quilting (in the ditch around the wonky squares) and the back.

The Gecko on the Wall quilt is complete - a kit bought from the African Fabric Shop (scroll down to the third kit). I went a bit wrong on the initial cutting - the instructions said to cut two 'wonky' squares containing a gecko as the centrepieces. I went over wonky which meant it took more fabric to piece around the centres and I needed to cut a lot off at the end to square it up. That left nothing for binding and a couple of very narrow borders. Anyhow it's done and it was a nice quick project to do. Another chance to use my newly found binding skills.

2 comments:

liz said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:) What a lot of quilts you've been making! I'm particularly impressed with the mariners compass.

Genie said...

Love the Quilt Lynne, Beautiful work