Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Fashion, Embroidery & Stitch Show

Another lovely day out to Harrogate with Jenny. We were a bit disappointed at the lack of workshops - they make a nice break from trawling the stalls, but we managed. I bought bits and bobs, mainly for embellisher work. Jenny found some plain cottons in the right colours for her World Jam quilt. The chap who had an article in Flair Magazine with his venetian masks was there demonstrating the Pfaff embellisher for Barnyarns and I had a chat with him about the type of yarns he uses. He had made some very nice pieces. We also looked at the Janome machines, the lady demonstrating the embellisher had made an interesting 'mesh' with flowers - this could be an inspiration for a window above my stairs - something else to add to the 'to do' list. They also had the new embellisher extension table, and the needle kit. My 4900QC extension table just about fits, so I won't be needing another, but I will eventually go for the needle kit as it will be better to be able to change individual needles, rather than a whole unit of five.

Next show is in November, but I won't be going - unless I win more tickets then I'll have to!!!

No comments: