Monday, 5 August 2013

Hand Dyed Scrap Quilt


A couple of years ago I did some hand dyeing which turned out well.  It left me with a lot of cotton and calico samples.  I've been cutting them into 2.5" strips and have pieced them together.  It's a shame for them to lay in a drawer.  I thought Sparky would like some new quilts for his bed and these are just the job.

There's probably enough left to do a couple more when I'm in the mood.  I've used leftover wadding and zig zagged pieces together.  It's time I found a use for the wadding, it's so wasteful throwing it away.

Now to find a suitable backing.  I've definitely done some stash busting recently.





No comments: