Friday, 26 August 2011

Quilting in Progress

 The Sue Briscoe Super Strips quilt started in April this year has moved into the next phase.  I've chosen to use Hobbs Polydown wadding from Creative Grids.  This is the first time I've tried 100% polyester and I might be converted.  It's a big quilt - the biggest I've attempted to machine quilt (I think) and I'm managing it well in the large throat space of the Horizon.  Already I can see the loft of the polyester is giving a much more defined texture to the quilt and it is light and easy to manoeuvre.

Here are a couple of pictures of the semi-quilted state - only the borders to complete and then I can work on the binding.  I've used the piano key style border as suggested by Sue Briscoe but have had to deviate on the  mock mitred corners as I ended up just a little short of fabric.  With a bit of thinking and fiddling I decided to run each set of piano keys into the corners and it looks fine to me.

The colours of the Bali Pop really make this quilt.  When time allows I'd like to do this quilt again in a different colourway.

Hope to finish this one up and post a picture in a couple of days.

Click on Picture to Enlarge
Click on Picture to Enlarge










No comments: