Pages

Sunday 2 January 2011

Book Review - Embellish with Anything

I bought this book several months ago from Book Depository - Embellish with Anything  It sparked off all sorts of thoughts and whilst I have not made any of the projects exactly as laid out in the book, I have incorporated the techniques into my own projects.  All too often the requirements for projects in some books are not to hand, are expensive or have to be mail ordered as there are no craft outlets in my area but with this book I could find almost anything required from in and around the house and my craft stuff.
The first and most important thing to me which I learned from this book was how to get a much better satin stitch around the edge of my embellisher projects - postcards, ATCs etc.  It had been niggling me for some time that everyone else's always looked better than mine.  It was a really simple technique and it has made a big difference.  There are lots of other things I want to try, paper beads for one and there are some really neat ideas for using things I would never have dreamt of using to embellish with. 
Lots of good, up close illustations and well written advice make this book a keeper for me which I keep going back to and discovering new information each time.  Well worth asking the library for or treating youself.

Embellishing with Anything Fiber Art Techniques for Quilts - ATCs, Postcards, Wallhangings and More


No comments: