Pages

Thursday 3 September 2009

On my design wall today....

Out of Africa - fabric and instructions bought from Kim Shaw at the Great Northern Quilt Festival two years ago. As it is so long since I bought this, and I'm going to the quilt show tomorrow, I thought I'd better get it put together. Or there'd be no excuse to buy something else that takes my fancy. I love the fabrics and the piecing isn't too hard - you just need to really concentrate on getting the right piece in the right place and the right way up!
The blocks need squaring up now and then the top shouldn't take too long to put together - if the top's done before I go back to work next week I'll be happy. Quilting and finishing can wait.

The design wall is great - just cotton wadding suspended from the picture rail on two skirt hangers. The blocks cling to the wadding quite firmly and you can swap and change until you're happy with how the quilt looks. When you're done, fold it up and put it away - Great!

No comments: