Pages

Sunday 17 August 2008

Festival of Quilts

Here's my shopping from the Festival of Quilts, NEC, Birmingham. The carded thread is No 8 cotton perle from Out of Africa Quilts The three down the right side are from De Haviland Embroidery in London, the top one is 100% cotton and the bottom two are "imitation" silk thread. I was told it has the looks of silk thread, but far superior strength, so I will see how it goes. They don't appear to have a web site or email which is a pity. I also bought 3 different weight, large pieces of Lutradur and one piece of Evolon. The demo for this was very good and the ladies on the stand were super helpful - I can stock up again from them at Spun Art
I really enjoyed the show, my first time at this one. For a change I went on a coach, and that I wouldn't repeat - 4 hours there and 5 hours back. In the car we usually do it under 3 hours and that includes at least 2 comfort breaks. I'd like to go again and fit in some workshops too.

No comments: