Third time lucky for this swap. The first one I made just didn't cut it! I liked the second one, then damaged the edge when it was close to finished. Third attempt I was reasonably happy with - I call it psychedelic summer. My son Jon said the colours reminded him of the beach. Needless to say, the true colours aren't displayed too well on the photos. Hope my swap partner likes it.
The project went through several phases - I wanted to try a weaving technique. This picture shows what it looked like just after weaving the cut strips together. They were tacked in place using the embellisher machine very lightly. Once the cuff was cut out it was felted much more heavily onto an acrylic felt base. This blended the pieces very well into each other. I used a full set of 38 gauge triangular needles - got a very smooth finish with no holes.