Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2008

Back to Painting


Instead of setting up my embroidery machine, which was the original intention for today, my daughter and I decided to do some painting. With the danger of frost almost over, we have set up studio in the summer house and started some projects. This is my effort for today - I'm well out of practice, it must be getting on for a year since I painted. Too caught up in my quilting adventures. Rachelle is working on a wood framed mirror too, but hasn't decided on her design yet. All basecoated ready to go when she does. I went freehand on the mirror while waiting on some flower pots to dry - they'll be OK to decorate tomorrow. The mirror is pictured unvarnished because it photographs better that way, no reflections. When the varnish is on, the colours come more alive.

No comments: