Pages

Thursday 16 August 2007

Foundation Piecing


Here's my attempt at foundation piecing. Not hard to do, but you need to be careful about which way round you place the fabric pieces, and which order you sew them in. I had a bit of unpicking to do along the way, but doing a bit more preparation, such as laying out the fabric in the order it should go, and working on the same piece on all blocks before moving onto the next one will remove my confusion. I hope!!
This block is 8" x 8" and uses Christmas fabric which has been kicking around in my stash for several years. Will complete the second block tomorrow and post a photo - it has the blocks sewn together in a different order. I like this technique - even the simplest blocks make interesting overall patterns when they are sewn together.

No comments: