Pages

Sunday 10 June 2007

Patchings Art, Craft and Design Festival


Had a lovely day out with Paul at Patchings Art, Craft and Design Festival at Calverton in Nottinghamshire. I won a couple of entry tickets in a competition on the Isew consumer club web site. A 170 mile round trip but very enjoyable. There were lots of artists; oil, watercolour, acrylic, ceramic glass, metal and textile and probably more I can't recall. Lots of demonstrations, workshops and every kind of artist's materials and artist's work to buy.

Felt I could have started a dozen new hobbies looking at all the goodies on offer, but limited myself to a spend with "The Button Lady". The buttons are all for embellising the bags I am making. Lots of inspiration at the festival for bags - some very simple designs but made magnificient by the richness of the fabrics and trimmings used to make them. I came away with lots of ideas. Click on the picture for a closer view of these lovely buttons.

No comments: