Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Accufeed - Absolutely Fab



It took a few minutes, and a little bit of advice from the husband, to work out how to attach the accufeed ankle and foot.  Once I understand how it goes together, no problem.  It is much easier to change over than the 7700 which is one of the main reasons for getting the 8900.  I have little, sometimes no central vision so I have to rely on peripheral vision, magnification and touch to get things where they need to be.


At this stage I only have the zig zag accufeed which came with the machine but I'll be buying a 1/4" one when I can.  

Quilting this scrap quilt with a serpentine stitch was the last job I did with the 7700.  I've used the new accufeed to zig zag around the edges before trimming it up and applying the binding.  Used the default zig zag and it went round without a problem.

A 10/10 for the Accufeed!


No comments: