Monday, 29 April 2013

Project Pond


This pond was completely choked with old roots and fallen leaves. Thick black slime.  No frogspawn or tadpoles in this one but there were plenty of frogs living amongst the roots. They moved on to the pond when Paul started to empty it.

We went to Ings Road water garden centre where the staff were really helpful. They suggested a lily plus a basket of four other plants Which could be split up into separate baskets next year.  A bag of oxygenating weed to throw in as well.

What we didn't go for was three bags of sterilised manure, two bags of ericaceous Compost and two fine looking rhododendrons.  They came home with us anyway.


No comments: