Pages

Monday 16 August 2010

Quilt Museum and Gallery, York

 We had two days in York to kill this week as Rachelle was on a course for work and needed transport.  Tim came with us the first day and we wandered and shopped followed by a nice lunch.  The second day Paul and I went alone and he wandered while I went to the Quilt Museum.  I enjoyed the WWII quilts and Magie Relph's Under African Skies very much.  It was a very friendly place and the volunteer members on duty were very helpful and informative about the exhibits.  I met the Museum's Education Officer who showed me their facilities and the projects which had been made there and we talked about school projects which she offered help with.  I joined the Quilters Guild whilst I was there so future visits will half price.  There's a large library to borrow books from and also a room where you can make a cup of tea and eat a packed lunch.  If it's a nice day there's a beautiful garden outside too.

No comments: