Pages

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Janome Horizon Quilt Binder and Janome Life Blog



I said "no" to the £118 quilt binder attachment when I was offered it at my local sewing shop, mainly because of the price and secondly because I presumed these cumbersome, overpriced pieces of metal would not be able to mitre the corners of the binding.  I stand corrected - here are the very detailed instructions for using the binder and mitreing the corners.  I need to think more about this, and there'll be plenty of thinking time as I'll need to save up.  It looks like it does a very good job.  Do I really need the thread stand I wonder?  I don't use large cones, so I could put that money towards a binder if I decide to go that way.

The instructions are on Janome Life blog - another find whilst browsing the internet today.  Authored by Janome Canada Educators - what a fantastic (growing) resource.

Not to be missed on the Janome Canada website are "Inspiration" videos.  Drop down the box under "Learning Centre" to find the videos.

You don't have to be an owner of a Janome sewing machine to use these resources, lots of them are of interest to any sewing machine / overlocker user.

2 comments:

zetor said...

That is a great site and the videos very interesting. I don't own the Horizon but the Janome Jubilee 85, thankyou for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for the kind comments on the Janome Life blog. We are trying to grow, and your enthusiasm is truly apprecieted. Happy Sewing, Deb