Pages

Friday 25 December 2009

Happy Christmas to You and......

Happy Birthday to me !!

Hope everyone has had the kind of day they were looking forward to.

My husband, children and I celebrated Christmas and my birthday with my parents and we all had a lovely, relaxing time.

There were lots of super presents for everyone - I won't go into detail but I did get some great quilting gifts I'll mention.

A Convertible Free Motion Quilting Foot Set from my husband - I chose this present a couple of days in advance of the big day, Not in stock at my LQS so a phone call to Jaycotts ensured it was here in time.  I was umming and ahhing about it in an earlier post as it is pricey and I was not sure I'd ever master this technique well enough to warrant buying the kit.  However, I've been practicing free motion for a while and it seems to be falling into place, not so many uneven stitches, wonky lines and broken threads now.  The foot which comes with my machine for free motion is fairly thick plastic and obscures the view of the needle somewhat, so these new feet should overcome that. 

That Patchwork Place Quilt Calendar 2010 - was a lovely birthday surprise from my Mum and Dad.  Each month has an inspirational quilt and it includes a book containing patterns and directions for making all of them.

The Encyclopedia of Quilting and Patchwork Techniques - super book from my friend Annette.  Not had chance to read it yet but at first glance it looks heavily illustrated which is excellent for people like me who can follow pictures more easily than words.


Enjoy the rest of the holiday!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Belated Happy Birthday Lynne. Glad you had some lovely presents.