Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Clover Finger Presser


I've been watching Quilt in a Day on Sky channel 279 for several weeks now and noticed Eleanor Burns using a wooden finger presser which is a really convenient alternative to having a hot iron stood around, and particularly good for pressing seams sewn on the bias. I treated myself to one today as the new foot for my Janome 4900QC which I ordered a couple of weeks ago, has not arrived yet. Despite being advertised by Janome in their Summer 2009 newsletter, they aren't in stock yet. On a slow boat from Japan apparently............
Plenty of piecing to do on the Christmas quilt so the finger presser will get a good test drive.

1 comment:

Sue Wild said...

I'll look out for that at Harrogate on Sunday. My Mum has been watching the Eleanor Burns progs and it would make a good stocking filler