Wednesday, 28 October 2009

A Day out for the Embellisher Machine

I vowed to take part in at least five embellisher swaps this year - I've already failed on that as there are only three left in 2009, however, my name is down for all three.

Here is the inside and outside of a needlecase. I used some leftover scraps of batik from a quilt I made earlier in the year. Matching wool tops were laid down and felted together and then thin scraps of batik punched into the felt. Hand embroidery, which I haven't done for years, was next. I chain stitched down the centre of each batik scrap. Running stitch around the borders and blanket stitched some ready made felt inside to hold the needles.

Hope my swap partner likes it. Click on the picture for a close up of the detail.

No comments: