Quilts for All workshop at Hutton Buscel yesterday - I wasn't going to attend this one, but I'm pleased I did. It's a reasonably easy quilt which can be adapted for all sorts of fabrics and also easy to resize. I hope to do more of these. I've decided on this layout, it works in several different ways, and will try and put the top together today.
The circles have been fused onto the half square triangles with "Heat and Bond Lite", not sure if I like it more than "Bondaweb" ("Wonder Under") or not. It's slightly more expensive but not supposed to change the hand of the fabric. I think it has changed the hand, but I'm a bit fussy - I remain undecided. After fusing, the circles were machine blanket stitched around the edges - this used lots of thread, but finished it off nicely.
Thought I'd look and see how much lint was coming off the 100% cotton YLI Soft Touch thread I've started to use - not excessive, but I'll need to clean under the needle plate a bit more often than when using the polyester thread.