Pages

Saturday 22 November 2008

Crazy Patchwork




Last week's quilt workshop at Hutton Buscel (I'm spelling it correctly now, without the "h") was Crazy Patchwork. It was very free and easy, a quick and uncomplicated way to use up scraps. I say scraps, but as I have found out, to qualify as a scrap at the workshops, it needs to be a minimum of 10 inches square - quite a big scrap in my limited fabric stash.
36 blocks make up the lap quilt and I got 12 done on the day, so a third of the way to completion. I am going to use sashing in between the blocks and that will increase the size and separate the rather busy fabrics I have used. I haven't bought anything new for this quilt so I am feeling good about using up fabrics, some of which I have had hanging around for eight years.
I _might_ start making up these blocks as I finish quilts - that way I would have more co-ordinated blocks and every so often they could be brought together as a crazy quilt. Quite a good idea if I actually do it, but like all intentions, some don't come to fruition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
I love doing these type of squares. I am just doing some now. which I put lace,buttons and beads on. All look lovely. I am going to add sashing to make a quilt. Bye for now Pam