Pages

Sunday 12 October 2008

Colonial Cushion Workshop



Yesterday's workshop at Hutton Buschel "Quilts for All" was the "Colonial Cushion" - tutor Beryl Frank from Leven Crafts. The exclusive pattern was designed by Sandie Lush and can only taught by Sandy or Beryl.


It was hard going transferring the dotted pattern from paper onto the neutral coloured background and I only got a few knots worked and two tiny areas of beading done by the end of the day. I came away thinking that this would be added to the pile of UFOs (unfinished objects). However, I've been back and forth to it several times today and it is coming along nicely - more than half of the way through the knots now. I'm using a variegated cotton Caron Thread colour "Flagstone". There were lots of colours to choose from - hard decision, and Flagstone is a combination of soft purples through to greys. As usual I was drawn to the purples. The beads I chose are a slightly irridescent pink. There's a small amount of hand quilting to finish it off, but I'm not at that stage yet.

No comments: