Pages

Saturday 31 May 2008

Quilting Workshop - Nine Patch with a Wiggle

I've had a really good time at the "Nine Patch with a Wiggle" workshop. The tutor, Magie Relph was super and the African Fabric Shop she brought with her was fantastic, I love batiks and the bright African colours. Definitely a credit card melter - however, I was restrained and bought only one kit "Gecko on the Wall"

The shop is going to be at Festival of Quilts in August so I'm looking forward to seeing Magie again when I've got some spending money with me.
Magie demonstrated 4 different style curvy patches and we all did at least a pair of each, then after lunch we decided which style(s) we would make to complete our quilts. I managed 16 blocks in the day - I think that's a record for me. The photo is the heap spread over a chair - I think I may have enough to put together a small quilt / wall hanging and don't think it will take long - fingers crossed. Only 8 days to the June workshop, so will have to get a move on. I didn't buy this fabric especially for today, it came from my stash - Japanese theme. I'm pleased with how it's turning out.

No comments: