Pages

Sunday 25 November 2007

Towards Christmas




Trying to catch up with some embellisher swaps before Christmas. Using the foil from Fibre in-form I've been experimenting with some fairly heavy weight fusible Vilene. I got quite a pleasing effect and I think it will be even better if I colour the Vilene, maybe with acrylics or fabric paint. Used some purple embellished velvet for a couple of the stars and backed them with copper foiled Vilene. The third star is the copper foil sewn onto some turquoise paper lame with a fine zig-zag and lightly stuffed.
Next a covered notebook - paper lame embellished onto denim and rows of fancy stitches capturing the off cuts from the copper foiled stars. I've glued this cover to the notebook - just to be different from the others. The paper lame embellishes well, but it's very textural (hairy!!). It has a great iridescent sparkle - not really apparent on the photo. Better in real life.


1 comment:

liz said...

Wow Lynne you're really adventurous, I feel quite left behind!