Pages

Saturday 3 November 2007

Scarborough Sewing Centre, North Yorkshire



Went to Scarborough Sewing Centre today with Jenny, to pick up her new sewing machine (4900QC). Hundreds and hundreds of bolts of quilting cottons all at £3.90 pm. I bought some Christmas and some Autumn themed. Every inch is packed from floor to ceiling - don't think I have ever seen so much in one place. Keith, the owner, took the machine out of the box and gave Jenny a good run through of what the machine could do - it was interesting as it reminded me of a lot of things I had forgotten about. I'd highly recommend a visit to this shop, it's worth travelling to for its range of fabric and the service was excellent too.
Had a play when I got home and I think I've mastered the elongation and memory recall features at last.
Scarborough Sewing Centre do mail order, price per metre is more expensive - I don't find the site easy to navigate or view the fabrics, but fortunately that doesn't matter to me, 'cos I can go in person.

No comments: